How would you clean your blocked drains? – Newbury Drainage
How to Unblock a Drain in Newbury, Berkshire
A range of products can help you get the job done quick and effortlessly:
But if you find that these methods do not do the trick for your, please feel free to give us a call at Newbury Drainge as we unblock blocked drains in Newbury on a daily basis.
Natural Drain Cleaners
For environmental and safety reasons, many people prefer to try clearing blocked drains with natural ingredients, before resorting to harsher chemicals. One proven method is as follows:
- In a dry sink, pour at least 1 cup of baking soda down the blocked drain, and ensure that the powder makes its way down the drain.
- Next, pour approximately 2 cups of boiling water in and wait several minutes.
- Add one more cup of baking soda in and immediately follow it with one cup of plain white vinegar.
- Plug the drain. Here you will notice bubbles and a sizzling noise being emitted from the drain. Don’t panic – this is good!
- Once the bubbles disappear, add another 2 cups of boiling water.
Chemical Drain Cleaners
There are many products that are designed exactly for this task, but if you would like help from Blocked Drains in Newbury, Berkshire we are here. When poured directly into the blocked drain, these chemical drain cleaners work to dissolve the grease and build-up that cause the blockage. They contain special ingredients designed to eliminate the nasty germs that cause the odors from a blocked drain. After the drain cleaner has done its job, any residual water in the sink should drain away smoothly, and the stagnant odor will be gone.
How to Eliminate Odors
Nasty odors are one of the side effects of blockages. In most cases, a drain becomes blocked when large items get stuck in the strainer or begin to clog up the drainage pipe. These items then rot and bacteria breeds, releasing the nasty smell.
Frequent cleaning of kitchen and bathroom sinks is a sure-fire way to keep drains free of unwanted debris. Good waste disposal practices will also reduce bad odors and the likelihood of future blocked drains. In the kitchen, use a rubbish or compost bin, instead of the sink, to dispose of leftover food cooking oil, and any paper products.
Key Steps for preventing Blockages:
- Consider what you throw down the plughole carefully. Investing in a plughole filter is a good option.
- Use products designed specifically for the task (Blocked Drains in Newbury) for great results.
- Always follow the safety instructions when using heavy-duty cleaning products (These can be dangerous).